Disability, Aged and Carer Advocacy Service
What is ADACAS?
ADACAS is the A.C.T. Disability, Aged and Carer Advocacy Service -
an independent advocacy organisation helping people with disabilities,
older people and their carers.
ADACAS does this by providing advocacy through:
ADACAS is funded by the ACT Department of Health and Community Care,
and the Commonwealth Departments of Health and Ageing, and Family and
ADACAS is incorporated under the ACT Associations Incorporation Act
How to contact ADACAS
The ADACAS office is at:
Suite 207, Block C, Canberra Technology Park,
Phillip Avenue, Watson
Our phone number is (02) 6242 5060.
Our fax number is (02) 6242 5063.
Our TTY (telephone typewriter) number is (02) 6242 5065.
Our postal address is PO Box 144, Dickson ACT 2602.
Our email address is email@example.com
What ADACAS can do for you
- SPEAKING UP: ADACAS can support you to say what you want or think,
and can be with you when you say it.
- BEING HEARD: ADACAS can help and support you to make things different.
- PARTICIPATION: You are part of the community - ADACAS can help become
more involved in the way YOU want to be.
- INFORMATION: ADACAS can help you find out what services are available
and how you can use them.
- DECISION MAKING: ADACAS can help you find out about the choices
you have in your life, and ways that you can make decisions.
If you have a complaint
ADACAS can advise you if you have a complaint about:
- care and treatment
- the way decisions are being made about you.
ADACAS can help you
- to talk about your complaint with the people involved, or if this
- to present your case to the appropriate complaints agency.
We can come and visit you, or if you prefer, you can make an appointment
and come and see us at the ADACAS office.
You may like to read the information on this website
called What are our rights? This explains what your rights are and tells
how you can complain to a service.